Sunday, December 13, 2009

Oily skin?

i have REALLY oily skin, and it is so gross. my skin is ok after i wash it and stuff, but then throughout the day it gets really bad. is there anything i can do to contain this? i dont use anythink with oil in just FYI.Oily skin?
I have oily skin too. I wash it 3 times a day. I don't even wear make up beacuse it starts to look gross. I recently started using hydrocortisone for possible poison oak on my face and it has decreased the oil a lot and my acne too. I have posted a ? on here about it you can read, some say it can harm your skin too so it may not be the best answer. I have tried something called Florida foam before that works well too.Oily skin?
I used to suffer from EXTREMELY oily skin, but its all gone now! Trust me when I say this, as odd as it might sound, you need a moisturizer!





Oily skin is a problem in which the oil-producing glands are over active, so what do we do we do when we see lots of oil? we wash with soap... WRONG! That is the biggest mistake we could ever make! When we wash our face with soap, we strip the skin of its moisture and nutients, and so our glands produce EVEN MORE oil to make up for it.





What we have to do is make our glands produce oil at a steady and slow rate, and if you wanted, even almost to the point where your skin stops producing oil altogether. How do we do that?





Wash the oil out (along with the dirt), and immediately moisturize your face with a lotion that has anitoxidants in it. I use Murad, beacuse Proactive did not work for me. The second step in Proactive was too strong, causing my skin to become irritated and worse. But Murad uses a natural acid produced by the skin to kill 99% of bacteria on your skin. The second step is an exfoliater, and the Third step moisturizes my face extremely well.





I would recommend going insane with the Moisuturizer and apply a medium layer to your face until your skin becomes dependent on the lotion for moisture. It's worked for me, and since a moisturizer is readily available, my skin never goes dry. (my skin barely produces oil now!)





If you don't want to use Murad, I recommend the 2 step approach; wash and moisturize. Buy a face wash that is gentle, one without soap (soap is bad because it is a base, and your skin is naturally a little bit acidic. Soap is also bad because acne bacteria thrive easier in a less acidic invoronment, so, if you use a base, it will lower your acidic content, and your acne will multiply even more!) and then get an extremely good moisturizer.





Hope everything goes well!
Apply only oil-free foundations, powder blushers and powder eye shadows. Foundation should be used after bathing on the eyelids and lips. This ensures your cosmetics remain on your face for longer time.





Cleaning your face with mild soap and water twice or thrice daily will minimize the secretion of oil.


http://www.total-skin-care.com/category/鈥?/a>
I agree with the others that your skin is crying out for moisture. Here are some great products for oily skin. Try them. They're backed with a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back. Try that at any drugstore. All on sale! I have a friend who fought oily skin all her life and loves this regimen.





1. Avon's TruePorefection Skin Refining Cleanser


2. TruePorefection Skin Refining Toner


3. TruePorefectionOil-Free Skin-Clearing Lotion


4. TruePorefection Skin Refining Mask





Blotting sheets are great, too!





Certified Beauty Advisor
OK you have to moisturize after you wash, I know it seems backwards to apply it to oily skin. Your skin is over producing oil to make up for lack of moisture. Invest in oil blotting papers, they remove oil with out smudging makeup. If your in a pinch...strange as this may sound the toilet seat covers in bathrooms work as well for oil blotting. Time less secret of make up artists.
I have the same problem. To deal with excess oil during the day without having to wash it, get some oil blotting papers. They're small pieces of tissue-looking paper, you dab them against the oily areas and they soak up all the oil. You can even do it over makeup without messing it up, and it takes just seconds to do. You can get them at any drug store.
I also have extremely oil skin. I buy these blue oil blotting sheets from the drug store and pat them on my face throughout the day. It looks like I've powdered my face with a compact minus the build up. Check 'em out. They are the best and I always carry them around.





If you are SOL without them, kleenex or a sheet of toilet paper does a decent job.
A lot of lines (ie. Clinique, Biore, Clean and Clear) have those oil blot sheets that you use throughout the day to help control oil. Also try an oil free makeup (Superbalance by Clinique is really good!)





IT might suck having oily skin now, but at least when you're 40 you won't have wrinkles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan officer