Thursday, June 24, 2010

Can you recommend any products for oily skin?

I Use ProActiv which has cleared up my skin, but it's still pretty oily. Does anyone know of any drug store products that won't interfere with the ProActiv but will control the oil? Perhaps some sort of moisturizer or something.Can you recommend any products for oily skin?
An oily skin , as the name implies, is one in which the sebaceous or oil-producing glands are over active. As surface grease tends to attract dirt, an oily skin acquires a dirty surface film , that needs to be removed daily. For more details log to http://useinfo-oilyskin.blogspot.com/Can you recommend any products for oily skin?
No7 shine free make up base. wear it alone or under make up. I swear buy it its only 拢10 and you can get it from boots. All my oily mates and me use it! Also it lasts ages and clears up blemishes and scars.
I don't know about interfering with Pro-Active...however, I use Clinique products for my oily skin and it does wonders. It actually clears up my face too. It's the 3 step system...face-wash, toner and lotion. Level 3 I believe.
The only thing I can recommend is some sort of oil-blotting sheets (Clean and Clear sells them, and now, drugstores like CVS are making their own brand as well). When I used ProActiv, I had the same experience with the oiliness...I think it's just the nature of the product reacting with your skin's natural oiliness. Blotting sheets are really easy to use and won't smudge your make-up if you wear any. A good oil-free make-up will also help minimize your oil production. Two recent favorites I've used are Maybelline's Pure Makeup and Revlon's ColorStay for combination/oily skin.





If you do decide to use make-up, note that the Revlon should be applied with a make-up sponge by dotting it on your face, because wiping it on with your fingers will make it too thick and heavy-feeling. Good luck! Definitely try the oil blotters!
Do you use a toner? I use Neutrogena toner with no alcohol. That should help dry up your skin a bit. As for moisturizers, look for ones with no oil in them. Is your skin sensitive? If it is, try using Neutrogena or Aveeno. They seem to have ';not so harsh'; ingredients in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan officer